Friday, August 2, 2013

I promised a blog post once a month, what have I got to tell you?



Edward enjoyed the crocheting too!
As mentioned in my last post I am now a crafty woman. Six weeks after I learnt to crochet my first scarf is finished. Lovely Liana who taught me has been continually sending me encouraging emails and made a lovely beret to match my scarf. The scarf and beret had their first outing last week when they were worn to dinner. My friends nearly fell off their chairs when I announced I had made the scarf! Our daughters think it is hilarious, my husband is proud of me!


The stories for my great niece are coming along nicely and I have borrowed a number of books from the library to find out how to make handmade books. I have been an excellent customer in our local newsagency buying all sorts of supplies to make covers. 

Work at the library has been fun as we have had a number of storytime events including celebrating Hairy Maclary’s 30th birthday. The mums had a great time and read along with me – they too grew up with these fabulous books.

I have discovered the Alice-Miranda books by Jacqueline Harvey and love them. I will now be known as Kerry-Lynn Hamilton-Malone!

Do you enjoy reading children’s books? One of the perks I love about my job is waiting for the new books to come in. Recently we have had lots of children’s books and they are 'such fun'.*


*Favourite phrase borrowed from another famous Miranda.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment