Sunday, June 26, 2011

I want to be a proper crafty woman!


My craft skills leave a lot to be desired and my sewing skills extend to sewing on buttons and hemming. There are two balls of wool in my ‘craft’ basket - one has knitting needles sticking out and the other a crochet hook! The one with the crochet hook does have a chain attached but I can’t figure out how to crochet the second line.

I do love a craft stall and buying the beautiful work others create. On my first visit to our local show I was entranced by the skill of the local lace makers. What these women were creating was exquisite.
Another of my ‘crafty’ loves is pretty stationery. I have all sorts around the house. A couple of years ago a friend with similar yearnings and I created some pretty covered notebooks and sold them at the local markets.
They were quite successful but she left town and they sit in the cupboard gathering dust. I have given some away as gifts and they were warmly received so maybe it is time to resurrect the idea. This is part of my stop procrastinating year. We are halfway through the year but that is of no consequence if I now get on with it. I will set myself a goal on this blog that I will have a Christmas stall at the markets and sell some notebooks – after I have created some more!
Now if I can just figure out how to knit a square and add a second row to my crochet chain I could sell those creations too.
Goals for the week:
·        Cover at least one notebook
I have just finished reading The Perfect Man by Sheila O’Flanagan. It took me a while to get through this one but I am glad I got to the happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment